Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Shoes You Need For Spring!


      Warm weather means spring has arrived! I love spring fashion and wanted to share a few of my favorite spring shoes with you! Ideal spring shoes to me are cute, comfortable, and versatile. Below I have listed five different types of shoes that I feel are perfect for spring.
     I am so excited that we are finally having actual spring weather here in Massachusetts. I hope you are all enjoying spring so far too!


Spring shoes


"Cute" Flats

The first type of shoe I will be sharing will you all is a "cute" pair of flats. Cute is in " " because I feel as though it is subjective. My idea of cute may be different than someone else's however there are shoes that a majority of people deem to be cute and that includes lace up flat or flats that tie. I definitely think that these shoes are perfect for spring because they are simple yet the tie part adds some interest and character. And as they are flats they will not cause your feet to get too hot in the warmer weather. They also come in such a variety of colors, texture, and even the placement of the tie can differ. So although they are a popular type of shoe you can still find a pair that is unique and perfect for your style! Mine are actually from Primark!




Sensible Flats

These are flats that are a bit more sturdy than the first pair. What I mean is that the shoes should not hurt your feet and you should be able to walk around comfortably. The flats above are definitely more fashion than function! There's nothing wrong with that at all ( I mean who doesn't want cute shoes) but there is also a need for functional ones too! I enjoy traveling, going on day trips or into the city and for this I like to wear shoes that are stylish yet comfy. It is important to wear things that are strong and will be able to support your feet. If you are out and about and your feet start hurting that will affect your mood and you probably won't have as good a time (I'm sure this has happened to many of you as it has definitely happened to me before).



Slip-ons

I think that these shoes are great because they can be very versatile. To me they are basically a mix of a sneaker and a flat. They go with so many types of outfits and can be dressed up or down!  These also come in many varieties, Vans are very popular and Steve Madden makes some great ones too. The classics are made of canvas but they come in other materials as well such as  leather. Also they are very easy and quick to put on.They're perfect for casual or can transition to night wear with some skinny jeans, a nice top and maybe an edgy jacket.




Simple Sandals

Sandals are usually considered summer footwear but they are also great for spring. They can transition your wardrobe and give your outfit a different vibe to fit the weather as it does start to get warmer. For me I think of summer sandals as being more "complicated". Now you might be thinking "Emily, what the heck do you mean by complicated?" So let me explain lol, what I mean is sandals with a lot more details or bright colors, tassels, lots of ties, etc. It is just my personal feeling that those elements seem to be more summery than springy! (You do not have to agree with me at all I just thought I'd share my reasoning). I like these simple buckle ones I found at Marshalls!




I got my sandals a couple seasons ago at Marshalls, I've linked a similar pair here

Sneakers


Sneakers are a given I feel. Spring and warmer weather means more outdoor activities and sneakers come in so handy for this. Not even just talking about hardcore athletic activities. Just taking a quiet walk is so beneficial and sneakers can keep your feet comfy! I really like Converse because they are so simple and classic in design. Adidas are also very popular right now and Nike is another option. Of course there are many other great brands that make sneakers, these are just the ones that I have had the most experience with and personally like the best. 




Similar pair of Nikes here




Thanks for reading! What are your favorite spring shoes?
-Emily


Other Places You Can Find Me:


More Options:




 

2 comments:

  1. Love the color of the slip-ons! I've loved all the versatile options for shoes this Spring. :)
    Caitlin
    LemonadePressBlog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I saw those slip-ons I feel in love with the color too! Thank you so much for reading, glad you enjoyed it!

      Delete