Saturday, July 6, 2019

A Day in Rhode Island

Hi everyone, I hope that summer has been going well for you so far!

My family and I recently took a day trip down to Rhode Island to visit Newport and in specific, the Newport Car Museum as a father's dad present for my dad!

I have been to Newport a few times but there is so much to do and see there that I hope to visit again sometime within the next few months! I have explored a couple of the Newport Mansions but the rest are on my list of places to go!

I made a short vlog of my recent trip to Newport to the car museum and we also drove around and got dinner at a cool restaurant. *Vlog located at the end of the post!*



The museum is very modern, yet also feels retro. The building itself is new and the way it is designed is modern but it compliments the old cars so well! Most of the cars are old classic but there are some new cars as well. I think that the way the place is organized makes a lot of sense and everything flows well. There were funky design elements everywhere including chairs designed in the mind 1900s and overall I felt a 1950s vibe which I liked. The cars were all in immaculate shape and it was cool to learn more about the history of automobiles and how far things have come! There were even  a couple luxury electric cars there. There was a nice, large seating area for when functions are held at the museum and they also had a race car simulator room and a gift shop. I think that it is worth visiting the museum if you're in the area and have an interest in history/cars. (I like cars due to my dad being so into them but I am not super into cars and I enjoyed the museum a lot).


A seating area in one section of the museum where the Mustangs are.

One of my favorite cars we saw! (A closer detailed look is in my vlog!)


Retro chair and a poster with Elvis and James Dean.

Another funky chair

 The car from the poster in the previous picture, it's so stunning!

The restaurant we went to after visiting the museum is called Twin Oaks and is located in a neighborhood, definitely not somewhere I expected to find a restaurant. I thought we were going the wrong way when we were driving through residential streets, but we were going the right way after all lol. The establishment was first started as a speakeasy in the early 1900s and has been open for almost 100 years. The restaurant is pretty large and has multiple dining rooms as well as multiple bars and an outdoor patio. I loved the character of the place and the lobby had so many historical and vintage photos and articles on the walls. The food was delicious and the portions are pretty large. I definitely recommend checking it out if you find yourself in that area someday. The restaurant is located in Cranston but it is not a far drive from Providence.

Amazing tortellini from Twin Oaks!

Thank you for reading! Have you been to Rhode Island? If so, do you have any recommendations for more places to visit? I'd love to hear in the comments!




Other Places You Can Find Me:



No comments:

Post a Comment