Monday, November 27, 2017

How to Style a T-Shirt Dress for Fall


How to style a t-shirt dress for fall! I love t-shirt dresses because they are so simple and versatile, and not to mention, comfortable! Although t-shirt dresses are very popular for summer they can also transition nicely into fall fashion too. T-shirt dresses can be solid colors or they can have a design such as stripes. I think that these are the two most common types and I prefer these as they are easy to style in a multitude of ways!

I can up with three different ways to style a t-shirt dress for fall! I also made a video  that goes along with this post showing you the different looks! (I included it at the bottom of the post). Let me know which option is your favorite in the comments!

The first option I wanted to share with you all is to wear a t-shirt dress with a neck scarf and some Steve Madden slip-on shoes. I think that using a small scarf or a bandana adds the right amount of chicness to the look yet it is still kept casual enough to work for so many situations due to the shoes paired with the outfit! A simple black, leather backpack also ups the chicness of the look and gets extra points for being practical and cute!




Another way you can style t-shirt dresses is by wearing a flannel over them. Flannels are an essential wardrobe item during fall and they are great for layering. They will not only give your outfit more color and a definite autumn vibe but also keep you warm when the days are starting to slowly get chillier. You can wear the flannel unbuttoned or button halfway or all the way (depending on your preference) or tie it. I did not button my flannel and tied it loosely in the center but feel free to play around and see how you like it if you want to tie yours! I paired this look with some black Converse to keep with the overall relaxed and comfortable theme of this outfit!




The last way I styled my t-shirt dress is by far the edgiest of the three options. I still kept it simple and easy though to achieve the look. I threw on a black leather jacket with some cool seam detailing and wore some black leather ankle boots. This look is perfect for a night out and makes a bold statement!


I forgot to take a picture of my ankle booties 🙈 but you can see them in the video!



One of the things that I love about fashion is how easy it is to wear the same item in so many different ways and achieve so many different looks just by changing a few things. I know I only showed three ways to style a t-shirt dress but there are plenty more! And in each of the outfits I only added two or three items and created a look with a completely different vibe!

And here is the video I made for how to style a t-shirt dress three ways!



In the future I hope to start doing more posts about how to style an item in various ways and I think I will also try to incorporate videos in my posts more often too! I hope you found this post helpful and thank you for reading, feel free to let me know your thoughts in the comments!

Other Places You Can Find Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment