Friday, August 10, 2018

Summer 2018 Trends


As with every season there are new styles that become popular. Summer trends are especially very big and many people like to try them out! So I wanted to do a roundup of the biggest trends I saw this summer. There are a couple trends of the moment that I've really been liking and I think are worth mentioning! I hope to provide you with some inspiration!





I think that most people are a bit more carefree in the summer time and don't play it as safe as in the winter time. I feel as though during the winter people mostly just want to be comfy and cozy yet in the summer they may experiment more with their style.

In this post I have rounded up a few trends that I have been seeing a lot lately this summer. These are trends that I particularly like and I wanted to provide some summer fashion inspiration and options for how to achieve these styles and looks! Some of the following trends have been around for a little while, and I personally think that is a good thing. It separates them from being fads. Fads can be a waste of money and resources if you buy things to be "in" on the fad and only use/wear them for an extremely short amount of time. Trends on the other hand last a bit longer and will usually come back into style after a period of time. It is also easier to use pieces you bought to be "on trend" in other types of looks and re-purpose them to get a good amount of use out of them!

I think that it is always fun to experiment with your style and step out of your comfort zone. This is something I'm really trying to work on more, I want to be more adventurous with my style and not just wear variations of the same thing over and over again lol.

Athleisure

This trend has been around for a bit and is a great way to look comfortable and cute at the same time. You can have a lot of fun by mixing different types of pieces together yet still have a cohesive look. It is helpful to stick to a few colors and it's definitely beneficial to include a lot of neutrals such as black and white and then incorporate a bold color such as red or blue.




I am not very athletic (though I am trying to work out more) so this trend is a nice way for me to get more use out of my athletic looking pieces and not feel like I don't belong in them (as in people judging me for wearing them even though I shouldn't care what people think). Athleisure pieces give the vibes of an athletic look yet are stylish and meant to be worn for an everyday look. The Tommy Hilfiger and Gigi Hadid collab has great options.

2 somewhat sporty looking dresses I got recently as well as my Nike sneakers

Graphic Tees

I don't think that graphic tees have been out of style in years, they're always a good choice but I think that have become even more popular and are such a key item for this summer. There is such a wide variety when it comes to graphic tees and it allows for so many people to partake in the trend yet put their own spin on it and show their personality. Graphic tees can also be styled in so many ways and can be worn very casually or be a bit more dressed up. This summer a lot of the graphic tees have been more minimal and may only feature a word or two and one image. I think that "sassy" tees are very in at the moment as well as feminist tees (which is awesome). Band tees are always a solid choice!


I usually stick to black, white, or gray tees that have designs on the front since I think they're easier to style but I want to challenge myself and branch out into other colors too!


Wrap Dresses

"Wrap" dresses are a great option for summer since they're so flowy and light. They also make an outfit look very put together. The shape is very flattering on all body shapes! I have been seeing these dresses every where lately and it's great that they come in so many patterns and colors!


I saw these dresses all over the place when I was shopping for my graduation dress and I ended up getting the dress pictured below, it's from Express and I love the color so much! I also love the fact that I can wear it for so many different occasions!



The dress is still available online and is actually on sale click here to go to the site!

(this image via Express.com)

Stripes

I have always been a fan of stripes and have way more striped shirts than I usually realize I do. However, although striped shirts have been popular for a while it seems like this summer striped pants, skirts, dresses, and jumpsuits took over! Vertical stripes are very form flattering and I think that they look so classy! Many of the pieces stick to small color schemes and navy is a shade I've been seeing a lot of.


I have been wearing the pants in the next pic so much recently! They are very comfortable yet suitable for work. I think that the tie in the front is a nice touch as well as the "paper bag" waistband. I usually pair them with a solid colored tee and a few simple accessories so that the pants are the focus of the outfit!


Accessories

Accessories that I have been seeing everywhere this summer have been giving me major retro and 90s vibes. They are pretty minimalistic and are usually solid yet bold colors. Tiny sunglasses are a huge trend right now in varying shapes such as cat eye and oval. I think that sunglasses add so much to an outfit and the vibe of an outfit can be completely changed by a pair of sunglasses! Sunglasses are such a fun way to show off your personality and are an easy way to try out a new trend since you can find decently priced pairs that won't break the bank!

Wicker looking/woven bags are also super popular and I think they're perfect for the summer since they're so tropical looking. They definitely reminds me of a beach vacation. They are also pretty neutral and so they are versatile and would work with so many different outfits. 



Another accessory that has been gaining popularity recently are scrunchies. I always wore scrunchies when I was little and have continued to wear them to this day. I don't think I've had one in my hair in public in years though but that will change very soon! I prefere scrunchies over regular elastics because my hair is pretty thick and so regular elastics don't work that well for me since my hair is so heavy lol. Scrunchies are also more gentle on your hair and come in so many colors and patterns!



What is your favorite summer trend? I'd love to know in the comments!
Thank you for reading!
Other Places You Can Find Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment