Saturday, January 16, 2021

Resolutions and Goals for 2021

Resolutions and Goals for 2021

Although things don't magically change between December 31st and January 1st, the start of a new year always reinvigorates my hope that the coming year will be greater than the previous!

vertical rectangle blog graphic with text 2021 Resolutions and Goals, text is black, background image is white with small blue confetti stars sprinkled in two corners

I think that more people than usual were craving the start of a new year recently because the year we all just went through was crazy for everyone. We all had unexpected trials and tribulations that tested our strength mentally, emotionally, and physically. 

Making it through 2020 was definitely an accomplishment and 2021 gives us a "fresh start". I am aware that we can determine new goals for ourselves and make changes in our lives any day of the week, month, and year but as January marks the beginning of another orbit around the sun it seems like the most ideal time to do so. The planet itself embarks on a journey around our c losest star as the people on the planet embark on new journeys in their lives. This parallel makes it easier to take on new challenges at the beginning of the year as there is a form of camaraderie as everyone attempts to better themselves and start making personal improvements.

A Few Tips for How To Achieve Your Goals

I think that it is crucial to set up goals for oneself in order to have things to work towards. Goals help to provide direction and you are more likely to achieve something if you've determined that it's important for you to do so. Writing down goals or resolutions can help to solidify them and this will help motivate you to achieve them. It is also imperative to be realistic when setting goals as unrealistic goals have little chance of being accomplished which can be discouraging. I personally love traveling internationally but that is not going to be included in any of my goals for 2021 because it is unfathomable with the current state of the world. It is also important to manage your expectations when it comes to your goals because even if the goals you set are relatively realistic you may not accomplish 100% of them but that is 100% okay! Any progress towards a goal is better than no progress! I have a blog post with even more tips for how to achieve your goals and resolutions which you can find here!


2021 Goals & Resolutions In No Particular Order:

🚶‍♀️ Making forward steps in my career by taking on a new role.

📚 Reading at least 2 books per month.  (I want to read much more than that but I'm being realistic here).

📓 Completing at least 1 online course or certification per month to help further develop my skills either career-wise or for things I'm just interested in.

😊 Spending more time with friends. I hardly saw any of my friends in 2020 in person or virtually so in 2021 I would like to see my friends more often by setting up more zoom hang outs or seeing each other in person in a socially distant and safe manner.

✍️ No surprise here but I'd like to post more often on my blog, ideally a minimum of twice a month.

📝 I'd also like to increase the quality and value of the content that I produce and share online.

🌻 I want to grow my network professionally and personally this year.

🍎 This one is common but I want to become healthier by continuing to make better choices when it comes to food and by working out more consistently.

By no means are these the only things that I want to accomplish this year but they do cover the main topics!

What are some of your goals for 2021?

Feel free to let me know in the comments!


Other Places You Can Find Me:



No comments:

Post a Comment