Saturday, July 1, 2017

A Day in Rockport


Rockport is such a quaint and cute place to explore. Most people go to the Cape (what us New Englanders call Cape Cod) but the northshore of MA has some great places to visit during the summer too! Including Gloucester and of course Rockport!

My friends and I actually took the commuter rail there since there were 6 of us and we didn't want to have to take 2 cars. The train ride was pretty pleasant and it took about an hour to get to Rockport from Boston. 🚉


We went on a Monday and that meant that there weren't many tourists around. It was kind of nice since it was so quiet and relaxing. We first did some window shopping and checked out this little book store.


I loved the views between these buildings and shops!




The sign outside this shop was so cute!



Below is the cafe where a couple of my friends and I stopped to get lunch before taking it to eat on benches near the beach!


 You can see part of one of my friends in this pic lol, Hi Rosie 👋

It got cut off a little but the writing at the top of the picture says: Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love... -Turkish Proverb

The next picture was my view while I ate lunch ⛵


I love signs like that with the names of a bunch of different cities on them! Probably because it reminds me of traveling! ✈️



The little place we stopped at for dessert, although it's called The Ice Cream Store I actually shockingly got sherbet since I was in the mood for something more fruity and refreshing. However I am not usually one to choose another type of frozen dessert over ice cream! (shout out to my friend for this pic of the store since I was still working on finishing my sherbet!)



My sherbet and the view from the window near my table in the little ice cream place.

I also got some salt water taffy to take home to share with my family, can you tell I have a sweet tooth?! - I promise I don't just eat junk though 🙊


I thought that the design on the taffy box was so pretty!


A little overview I took while we were right by the water!
WARNING- The music is a bit too loud. 🙈 I will know to have it much lower in the future,  I don't have much experience with making videos though lol



Hope you enjoyed hearing about my day in Rockport. I definitely recommend visiting it if you have the chance, there are so many cute shops, pieces of art for sale by local artists, and there is of course great seafood too!

Is there anywhere special you are hoping to visit this summer?

Thanks for reading!

Other Places You Can Find Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment