Sunday, July 30, 2017

Maybelline Superstay Matte Ink Review

I thought I'd do a review of some products that are fairly new to me! It's a new favorites review for summer 2017 beauty products!  I don't wear a full face of makeup very often, especially not often in the summer as I like to have a fresh face and let my skin breath. But I do enjoy playing around with makeup and trying different things out. I recently started using the Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink liquid lipsticks and I've been loving them!


I do like the confidence boost I feel when I wear lipstick as I am someone who likes to look put together however I don't wear regular lipstick too often as I find it usually just rubs off. I also don't like how it leaves marks all over cups and straws and everything. Maybelline's Super Stay Matte Ink is different though!



It is a liquid lipstick with a great formula. I really enjoy this product! I actually prefer liquid lipstick over regular lipstick because it lasts much longer and does not leave much residue. Once I apply the SuperStay Matte Ink to my lips and wait a couple minutes for it to dry it stays in place. It is easy to apply; I like the applicator and the color goes on pretty smoothly. The applicator is an "arrow  shape" and allows you to apply the product precisely. There is great coverage! I also find that it does not smear and it does dry matte but it does not dry out my lips! Some liquid lipsticks can be very drying but that is not the case with this product!



It can take a little bit of effort to take the product off but that it to be expected as it's supposed to last up to 16 hours on your lips. If it came off super easily then that would defeat the purpose of this product. It is recommended that an oil based makeup remover is used to take it off. I usually use a makeup wipe such as Neutrogena's cleansing towlettes or I use Garnier's micellar water on a cotton round and these methods both work. I sometimes also use cold cream such as Pond's to remove my makeup as it is very gentle.

The liquid lipstick definitely does a super job staying on my lips (see what I did there since it's called  SuperStay *wink* ok maybe only I think it's funny 🙈) but I have not worn it for 16 hours so I cannot say if it truly does last 16. I have worn it for 10 hours and it was still fine, it did not look 100% the same as it did when I first applied it but it did not look drastically different. It still looked good! And 10 hours is a long time for a product to last. Also if someone needs to/wants to wear a liquid lipstick (or any product really) for up to 16 hours that mean's they're expecting a lot from that product and they shouldn't mind having to touch it up once if they want it to look as good as it did when they first put it on lol.


If you're in need of a new liquid lipstick I recommend checking out this product. It comes in 10 different colors. And even if you're not a huge fan of lipstick I still think you may like this because as I said it stays on well, does not smear, and is comfortable on the lips!

I did receive this product complimentary from Influenster to try out and review however all opinions are my own, I truly love this product!

I've included the colors that I have as well as a couple of the other ones so that you can see a selection! #SuperStayMatteInk

I hope you found this review to be helpful, thanks for reading!

Have any of you guys tried these liquid lipsticks?






Other Places You Can Find Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment