Tuesday, March 12, 2019

February Favorites 2019

February Favorites 2019

Another month of 2019 has come and gone and one of the many things that means is that it is time for February favorites! I do not have a ton of things to discuss for this month because many of the things that I use frequently are things that I have been loving for a while (and I probably have already discussed them a decent amount). I did not want to bore you and keep harping on the same things, however there are some things that I do feel that are worth mentioning! Now on to my monthly favorites!

February favorites 2019 blog post

Beauty & Skincare

Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Mascara

I am a longtime fan of Maybelline mascara and I recently started using The Falsies and I have really been liking it! I have never worn actual false lashes so I can't compare this mascara to that 🤣but this mascara does give my lashes great volume. I am also glad that it doesn't cause my lashes to clump or weigh them down.

maybelline falsies mascara

Biore Deep Cleansing Charcoal Pore Strips

Biore pore strips are very well known and charcoal skincare products have grown more popular over the past few years. I was not early onto the trend of charcoal products but I am finally dabbling in that world and I have been pleased so far. I like using pore strips but I know that it is not the best idea to use them super frequently so I usually stick to using one every other week. I love skincare and trying to take the best care of my skin as possible so I think that using pore strips is beneficial (and it's satisfying lol). I make sure to moisturize after using one and am hoping to start incorporating a toner into my routine as I have read that it is a good idea to use one after removing a pore strip and before moisturizing.

biore pore strips, biore charcoal pore strips

OPI Nail Polish

During high school and the beginning of college I was really into nail art and painting my nails with cool designs. I was not amazing at it but I was usually always happy with how the designs turned out. As I got older I had less time to think about my nails and could not spend as much time painting them.  I want to start painting them more often again though. I find it to be a calming activity and I like when my nails are done since it makes me feel like I have at least some of my sh*t together. 😂 I recently started painting my nails with the color Taupe-less beach by OPI and I like how versatile it is.

opi nail polish, opi taupe-less beach

Fashion & Accessories

L. L. Bean Boots

L.L. Bean boots: aka duck boots (or a similar type of boot) are basically part of the New Englander's "uniform"! They are pretty much a necessity, especially for the winter time and are very beneficial in the fall and spring as well! I think that they are cute as well as practical. I wear mine in the snow, the rain, and even on sunny days that might be chilly. These boots are usually on back order since they are very popular but the company does a great job of trying to keep up with demand. When I went to order mine I believe the website said it would take a little over a month for me to receive them since so many people were buying them and the quantity of boots needed to be made. I was pleasantly surprised when they arrived before a month had passed! The boots do need to be broken in though, they are not comfortable when you first start wearing them but I find mine to be comfortable now!

l l bean boots, duck boots

Gold Hoops

Hoop earrings are definitely having a moment, and in particular gold hoop earrings. I like hoop earrings and have had a pair for a couple years but I was not someone who wore them often. When I wore earrings I would tend to gravitate towards small studs but now I find myself reaching for hoops more and more. I like the fact that they are so versatile and can instantly dress up an outfit. The specific earrings pictured below were my mom's but she passed them down to me. I love the sentimental value and I think that the design on them is beautiful!

gold hoop earrings, gold hoops

Music

I wanted to included a few of the songs that I have been loving lately! I also included links to the songs in case you would like to check them out!

Who Do You Love

This song by the Chainsmokers and 5 Seconds of Summer was definitely a surprise to me, I would not have expected them to collaborate but I really like the mixing of their two sounds. It of course has edm elements and a build and drop due to the DJs as well as more "traditional" instruments like guitars being heard throughout due to the band. I think that the song is very catchy and I also like the fact that multiple members of 5SOS are singing on the track.

Who Do You Love Lyric Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPc7m1ffj3s

Swan Song

I really love Dua Lipa's music and her voice and I think that Swan Song is so powerful! The song was made for the movie Alita: Battle Angel which I have not seen yet but I want to! I think that the song is unique and when I listen to it my mood instantly improves and I feel like a badas* lol

Swan Song Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO8fTk6oKQg

Lose  It

I am not a huge fan of country music but I started listening to it more recently and I really like the song Lose It by Kane Brown! It is really upbeat and catchy as well. To me it is different than "regular" country songs, I'm not exactly sure how to explain it, it definitely sounds like a country song but a really modern one!

Lose It Music Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8nkc2KKjd8

Books

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

I used to read so much so often when I was younger but  I did not have much time to devote to reading as I got older. However now I am making more time to read. I started reading The Lunar Chronicles a couple months ago and I am obsessed with this series! I had not heard of it before but the books were on a shelf in my house and once I looked at the description on the back of the first book I knew I had to read the series! I love reading series and especially futuristic/dystopian novels (i.e. The Hunger Games and Divergent) so I knew that this series would be right up my alley. There are 4 books in the series and I have read 3 of them so far. I actually read the second one twice since I paused between reading the 2nd and 3rd books and I had to refresh my memory. It only took me a couple days to re-read it since it's so good! The books all introduce new characters, however all of the story-lines are intertwined and each book is inspired by a fairy tale. For example, the first book: Cinder is inspired by Cinderella. All of the books have really detailed characters and settings and so much happens that it's hard to put the books down since I just wanted to know how things would turn out. The author has a great talent for writing suspense!

Food 

Chobani Flip Yogurt

I know that Greek yogurt became "trendy" a couple years ago but I did not hop on the bandwagon at that time. In 2018 thought I did start having some Greek yogurt, especially for breakfast during the summertime. I have lately been loving the Chobani Flips and specifically the Almond Coco Loco flavor. I eat this for breakfast a couple times a week and I enjoy it! It is decently healthy but also tastes really good!

chobani flip yogurt almond coco loco flavor

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you've been loving lately!

Other Places You Can Find Me:



No comments:

Post a Comment