Sunday, March 31, 2019

5 Must Have Beauty Essentials


5 Must Have Beauty Essentials!

I rounded up a few makeup products for beginners that make a great start to a collection! I am a minimal makeup wearer who likes to go for natural makeup looks and I think that these products are must haves even for people who aren't super into makeup. These beauty products are great for simple makeup looks and each item is an essential for any type of makeup collection! I also include reviews and my thoughts on the products!

must have beauty products for beginners, beginner makeup essentials

*Disclaimer* In this post I discuss products that I use on an "everyday basis" (aka whenever I wear makeup) and as I have experience with these specific options that's why I chose to include them. However, the point I want to get across is that in my opinion the 5 must have beauty essentials for starting out in makeup are the 5 types of products that I list below. The brand and formulation are of course subjective and up to personal preference. I'm not saying that you 100% need the exact products I listed, they're just some great options!

Foundation
The first item is a drugstore foundation that I truly love! I use the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless foundation any time that I am doing my makeup! There is another formulation that is also available; the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy and Smooth foundation!

Now for the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless review! I have combination skin and it is also sensitive and this foundation does not irritate my skin or cause me to breakout at all! I think that this foundation is more of a medium coverage but it can be built up to your liking if you feel like applying more. I usually only put on a small amount though because I prefer a natural look and I like for my freckles to still be visible. This foundation is not cakey which is another plus. Maybelline foundations are also very affordable and I think that they are great quality!

There are also other products in the Fit Me line including a concealer and powder.


Setting Powder
The second item I wanted to include in this beauty essentials post is a setting powder and in particular, the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder! This powder is a definite staple and I think it's one of the original favorites in the beauty community!  Powder is an important step in any makeup look!

Mini Rimmel London Stay Matte Long Lasting Pressed Powder review! I apply this after I have put on foundation (and concealer if I am wearing it that day) and I find that it makes a big difference in how long my makeup stays on. It really is long lasting! Before there were times when I would apply foundation/concealer in the morning and then when I'd get home after school or work my makeup would have worn off during the day. Now however I try to always make sure that I apply this powder and it ensures that my makeup will not just disappear over the course of the day! It is especially helpful when I am covering a breakout and really want the makeup to stay in place!

Concealer
A drugstore concealer: Maybelline's Superstay Better Skin Concealer and Corrector is the third essential I wanted to mention! Having a go-to concealer is imperative because is one of the most basic and versatile products. For me sometimes having a breakout can really negatively impact my self confidence and it sounds superficial but covering it can improve my mood and my confidence levels. I know that breakouts are normal but so is wanting skin to look c lear lol.

As for wanting to have c lear skin that ties in with this specific concealer as it is Maybelline's Superstay Better Skin Concealer and Corrector. This concealer actually has ingredients in it that are supposed to work on deterring breakouts. As I mentioned before my skin is sensitive and this product does not irritate my skin. I am not sure how well it is doing to fight any existing breakouts (as in I don't know if it's the concealer or my skincare routine, or both that are combating breakouts) but I do know that it does not cause any more breakouts and I am very satisfied with that!

https://shopstyle.it/l/ZljU

Beauty Sponge
The fourth must have is a beauty sponge and I love the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge! A sponge is a definite must have and is great for applying foundation, concealer, powder, etc. It is great for blending and seamlessly applying product.

Now for the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge review! I like this sponge because it is a nice texture, it has various edges and shapes that are helpful for use on different parts of the face, and it is affordable. It also is high quality and lasts a long time (mine hasn't ripped or anything).


Eyelash Curler
The final must have is an eyelash curler. I think that curling your eyelashes before applying mascara is an essential step because it really impacts how your lashes turn out. I have lashes that are naturally a bit long but they stick straight out so they are not very noticeable. If I apply mascara to them without curling them my lashes will just get longer but they will still not be noticeable. There is a huge difference in how my lashes look if I curl them and then put on mascara; they are actually visible and I just look more awake which is a bonus! I am not super picky about which eyelash curler I use so I think that any would do the job as long as the tool compliments your eye shape and how your lashes are. (I like being able to curl from the root of my lash but I can't if the curler is not the right shape for my eye.) Sometimes I even just curl my lashes and skip applying mascara because curling them makes such a big difference for my lashes!

 Again the exact products that may work well for me may not be the perfect products for you but I think that having a go-to foundation, setting powder, concealer, beauty sponge, and eyelash curler is worthwhile. These 5 items are great basics for starting a makeup collection! I was not going to recommend things that I haven't tried since I wanted to include my reviews of the items and that would not have been possible if I included products that I don't use. I know that there are many other amazing makeup products out there and I'd love to hear what your go-tos are in the comments!

Thank you for reading!


Other Places You Can Find Me:



No comments:

Post a Comment