Saturday, December 1, 2018

Thanksgiving & Black Friday Recap

Hi everyone! I feel like we're finally in the holiday season! I am one of those people who feels bad that Thanksgiving is usually overshadowed by Christmas lol. Even though I love Christmas because it is such a fun and festive time I just can't get into the Christmas mindset until after Thanksgiving. Does anyone else feel this way? For example, I enjoy Christmas music but I won't listen to it until Thanksgiving has passed. Anyways, I wanted to share a recap of a few days this November since there was a lot packed into them! I also made a vlog and included it in this blog post!

Thanksgiving blog post


Here is the compilation I put together!

On Wednesday November 21st, the day before the holiday I luckily only had to work a half day since they let us go early! This really worked out in my favor since that night a few family members and I were going into Boston to see a theater production and I would have had to leave work early anyways. The theater production we were going to see was Potted Potter which is a re-telling and parody of all 7 Harry Potter books in about 70 minutes. I had no idea how they were going to do this but I was still excited!

On the way home from work I picked up some pizzas for my family since we wouldn't have much time for dinner before we needed to head into the city. Then at the appropriate time we left our house to take the T into Boston. The "T" is what we call the subway/metro/underground in Boston because our public transit system has the acronym MBTA which stands for Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority. For some reason it was decided that we would refer to it by the third letter in the acronym lol. After getting off the T at the stop closest to the theater we had to walk a bit. It is a good thing that we were all wearing numerous layers because the temperature was below freezing! The theater itself was very beautiful and had ornate decorations inside. I had never seen a show at this venue before so I'm glad that I finally had the chance to do so.

Cutler Majestic Theater
Outside the theater

I do not want to give too much away about the show though because not knowing exactly what it will be like is part of the fun! I will say that it was hilarious and I had a really great time! I also loved how they involved the audience!

The next day was Thanksgiving and as it was a holiday I slept in a bit. Once I woke up I watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade as I do every year. I enjoy seeing the floats and different performances. Then I watched part of the dog show before finally getting ready. My family has a non-traditional Thanksgiving since my mom and I don't really like turkey. My immediate family and I actually go out to eat on Thanksgiving and for the past couple of years we've gone out for Chinese food! It is a really fun tradition for us and I love the restaurant we go to. It was surprisingly crowded and the food was so good!

Even though I am living at home now after graduating from college my family members and I are always so busy it can be hard to actually spend time together. I like that Thanksgiving gives us a chance to pause and have some quality time. I am definitely thankful for my family. 

Later that day after we relaxed at home a bit we went to see the new Fantastic Beasts movie. (I'm really not sure if you can tell but my family and I like Harry Potter a lot 😂). I'm so glad that there are new movies coming out that are set in the wizarding world and that we are able to experience more of the Harry Potter world! I would recommend seeing Fantastic Beasts- The Crimes of Grindelwald if you like Harry Potter!

Thanksgiving Day Outfit
My Thanksgiving day outfit

It was very cold on Thanksgiving so I made sure to bundle up! It was necessary to wear a scarf, gloves, and earmuffs or a hat. I also added a pop of color with my favorite booties!


My exact booties! https://shopstyle.it/l/Wap2

On Thanksgiving after we got home from the movies it was time to turn in since we were getting up somewhat early the next day to go Black Friday shopping. We don't go crazy early but my mom did want to be somewhat early in order to beat the traffic since we were heading up to New Hampshire. We were on a mission to do some outlet shopping.

We got to the outlets at 9 am and it was not crowded at all which was so nice! The outlets we went to consisted of an outdoor shopping mall and because the temperature was low that meant wearing plenty of layers again! It got a little warmer during mid day but as night approached the temperature dropped. As the day went on the stores got busier as well but we were able to get most of our shopping done earlier in the day! We were able to find some great things at amazing prices because of the sales! At this point I finally was in Christmas mode and now I feel like it's officially the season of giving! I mean we should be kind and giving all year round but there is something special about the spirit of the season!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Do you have any non traditional (or traditional) holiday activities?

Thank you for reading!

Other Places You Can Find Me:



No comments:

Post a Comment