Saturday, August 22, 2015

Kinky Boots

I recently saw Kinky Boots and it was great! I really enjoy going to see plays and musicals so I was glad that Kinky Boots came to town. The plot was well developed and the acting and singing was amazing. The score was written by multiple people, including Cyndi Lauper. There were some very funny parts in the musical but it did have those inspirational undertones as well such as to follow your dreams, don't let other people get you down, and to make your life what you want it to be. I know that sounds a bit cliché but they are important messages that we should all apply to our own lives, I know I at least I need to do more of that!

A brief overview of the plot:
The musical is set in England and focuses on the son of a man who owns a shoe factory. As the son grows up he decides he does not want to run the factory and he moves to London. Then one day he gets a call letting him know his father has passed and he returns to his home town. He does not really know what to do about the factory especially because business is pretty bad. Then he has an idea that could be their "saving grace". As for what happens next, you'll have to go see the show (which I highly recommend doing)! Or you could watch the movie. I haven't seen the movie yet but plan on doing so soon since I've heard good things about it as well!

You may remember from an older post that I was in Toronto earlier this summer and went to the Bata Shoe Museum. And at the museum they actually had a pair of kinky boots from a production of the  show which I thought was a cool coincidence since I knew I was going to be seeing it!
The boots are super tall and are red of course!



I think that going to musicals or plays is an awesome thing to do with friends or with a parent or relative for some bonding time.

Have you seen anything good lately? Any musicals, plays,  movies, or tv shows that you recommend checking out?

Thanks for reading
-Emily


Other Places You Can Find Me:


No comments:

Post a Comment