Friday, August 7, 2015

Outfit of a Day in Toronto

       Hi everyone! This summer my family and were on a road trip for a few weeks and on of my favorites places we visited was Toronto! It was my first time to Canada and hopefully not my last! Have any of you ever been there? Toronto is a very diverse city and there was a lot going on. I highly suggest going there if you have the chance. But anyways now on to the rest of the post.
       I thought I would share one of the outfits I wore while in Toronto with you guys. So here it is.
My sister and I pretending to hold the torch for the Pan-Am Games which were about to start
         I love this outfit because it is very colorful and looks like I spent a lot of time on it when in fact I did not. When I think of outfits I always start with the piece that is either the boldest or the most colorful so in this case my pants! These pants are from H&M and I actually did not have them when we first started the trip. I got them a few days before this picture was taken.  I had been wearing a jumpsuit which ripped on the leg seams and I was really sad about that because it was a piece I really liked. Luckily I had been near a mall and I went into H&M. It was really crowded and about to close but I didn't want to walk around wearing ripped clothes so I frantically looked for pants and I found the ones in the picture and they fit perfectly! (It was also lucky that I was wearing a tank top under my jumpsuit and I brought a sweater so I just wore them with the pants.)

        Okay, enough babbling. Back to the day this picture was taken and the rest of what I was wearing. My black flowy top is from Marshalls and is actually multiple layers. The bottom one is shear and a bit longer than the one on top of it which is lace. I chose to wear a solid orange tank top under to emphasize the orange in the pattern on my pants. My purple three-quarter length sleeve sweater is from Old Navy. As for footwear I wore a pair of low top black Converse
        This was a great outfit for walking around the city because the pants were super comfy, and stretchy. I was able to move around and they are lightweight so they are perfect for summer. It is great to wear layers because if you do get hot you can take something off or throw something else on, such as the sweater. Shoes-wise, you want something that will not hurt your feet. The most important thing is comfort. You would definitely not enjoy the city or whatever you are doing if all you are thinking about is the pain your feet are feeling. That is why sneakers are one of the best choices. We still want  to look put together though and don't want to have ugly shoes so that is another reason why converse are amazing. They are comfortable, practical, and the simple design makes them go with anything!

Here I am in the Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto. They had a section with some random shoes you could try on so I had to put on these silver sparkly platform shoes!
Barbara's shoes
          This museum was very interesting and is definitely not what you would expect. They have shoes going back to ancient Egyptians, shoes that were worn in Asia when women had to bind their feet, and there were shoes from European kings and queens. A section on Native American footwear covered in beautiful beading and embellishment. They also had shoes from modern times including a pair of Barbara Streisand's, Elizabeth Taylor's, Marilyn Monroe's and more. It was basically like the history of human kind told through their footwear!

Marilyn's and Liz's heels

        Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think about these kind of snapshot travel recap posts.

-Emily


Other Places You Can Find Me:

No comments:

Post a Comment